Man dies and two hospitalised after incident at mushroom farm
One man has died and two others were taken to hospital following an incident at a mushroom processing plant in Monaghan, An Garda Síochána has confirmed to the Irish Farmers Journal.
At approximately 8pm on Wednesday, 13 September, emergency services received a call about three males in their 20s suffering from breathing difficulties at a mushroom processing plant at Cornacrieve, Emyvale, Co Monaghan.
On arrival, emergency services found three men unconscious in a silo at the plant.
One man was pronounced dead at the scene and two others were removed to Cavan General Hospital.
A post mortem examination will take place on Thursday 14 September. The man has been named locally as Gary Askin.
Gardaí have confirmed that the area is sealed off pending a technical examination by Garda crime scene examiners.
The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) has been notified and is expected at the scene this morning.