Temporary grazing agreements

The requirement to notify the Department of Agriculture of temporary movements depends on the type of farm sheep are moving to and whether there are livestock present. Where sheep are moving to a farm with no livestock present, they can do so without notifying the Department of the movement. A similar situation regularly occurs where sheep are moved to an outfarm or separate parcel of lands to where livestock are held. In this case, sheep can be moved to a parcel or outfarm block without notifying the Department provided there are no livestock on any part of the land sheep are being moved to.