I’ve put together a few of my summer favourite beauty products that will not break the bank. High street chemists and stores are now offering great skincare, makeup and hair care products that are easy to track down, try and then repeat buy. Read on to find out more.
1. First up is Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream. There is a reason why this skin soother - with just six ingredients - has achieved cult status - it really works a treat. The thick unguent contains olive oil, beeswax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly and propolis: known antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Great for cuts, scrapes, itchy rashes and shaving nicks and grazes, keep this in your medicine cabinet. Prices from €5.50 plus postage from stockists online depending on size and also available from retailers including Boots and Holland and Barrett.
2. Marks and Spencer’s own brand Glow protection day cream, €17, nourishes the skin as it is full of vitamin C and has SPF 20. It’s more of a lotion than a cream and can be worn under your makeup to protect your skin from daily pollution and ultraviolet rays.
3. A saver for very sensitive skin is SVR Sensifine Hydra-Creme, €15.50. If you don’t know SVR skincare, it’s well worth trying and buying. This is the hero product from its sensitive skin range, which also has three different cleansers, hydrating gels, a mask and a rich silky balm.
4. Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer, €3.95, works a treat at hiding the tiny spider veins at the side of the nose, and very effectively helps to cover up dark circles under the eyes and spots. The high pigment in this concealer also helps to conceal redness and irregularities in the skin. And it is waterproof - helpful on a rainy day or if you’re playing sport. Sticking with the same brand, Catrice Kohl Kajal Brown Eye-Liner Pencil, €2.30, contains vitamin E and feels really soft when applying. I like the fact that it doesn’t look too harsh around the eyes. Apply along your lash line and blend in with a cotton bud.
5. Garnier Oil Free Perfecting Care All-In-1 BB Cream, SPF25, is a great budget BB cream/blemish balm. It is lighter than a foundation and perfect for a natural look coverage at €15.99.
6. A perfect compact eye shadow palette for summer has been beautifully created by NYX Ultimate Shadow Palettes, €16.79. These palettes have a great selection, from metallic to very soft shimmer colours, matte to satin finish. There is also enough depth in these palettes to use as a liner. They suit all ages and skin tones and are so handy for your handbag.
7. Cream Luxe Blush created by Sculpted By Aimee in “rose cream” is a quick and easy blush to apply with your finger or a brush. A soft, dewy colour, it provides the perfect finish to any makeup look at €14.40.
8. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day is an unbelievable dry shampoo that doesn’t just mask the appearance of greasy hair between washes; it also cleans, softens and gives the hair a shine whilst absorbing oil so there’s no need to worry about having a dull hair day. It can be purchased online or in Marks & Spencer, €12.
9. Zara’s affordable fragrances, which can be found next to the tills in store, are a cheeky ensemble of elegant-smelling spritz action fragrances. Their latest and greatest is the new Vibrant Leather Eau De Parfum, €17.95. It’s a floral chypre, which means it’s full-on sexy leather and patchouli with a sweet currant top note. Definitely sniff them out.
10. To finish off, I do love a bright nail polish on fingers and toes and there is nothing better than finding a quick-dry lacquer that lasts. Sally Hansen has a really good Insta-Dri Clear Top Coat, €8.99, which hugely helps polish stay on for longer and a stunningly pretty selection of colours.
If you have any beauty or makeup queries that you’d like some advice with, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com.