Direct payments to 99% of farmers in Northern Ireland have been paid on Monday 2 December, according to the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural affairs (DAERA).

On Monday, 23,907 farmers will receive payment, bringing the total value of payments issued to £281m (€315.7m) since October.

A spokesperson for DAERA said: “Today, 99% of farm businesses will receive their full or balanced payments on day one of the payment window – a record-breaking achievement.


"This included 95% of farm businesses subject to land inspections. Payments will begin to reach farm business bank accounts from Thursday 5 December 2019."

Letters informing farmers of their payments have been sent and they are also available through DAERA's online portal. Payments will be made to those with fully verified claims who could not receive an advance payment at that time.

As 70% advance payments have already been made, balance payments will comprise the remaining 30% of claim value.

Read more

€13m BEEP payment boost for suckler farmers

EU refunds €13.6m crisis reserve to Irish farmers