Animals moving farms in a B&B movement are classified in the same manner as a permanent farm movement. The same is generally the case for animals moving to rental accommodation, with the exception of a few scenarios that will be discussed later.

There have recently been changes in the manner in which farm movements can be recorded. Before an animal can leave a farm, the keeper of the animals must obtain a certificate of compliance. In the past, an open certificate could be obtained, where the destination that animals are moving to did not have to be entered. This is no longer allowable and the destination must be entered to obtain a certificate.