Two farms operated as companies in which Larry Goodman and members of his family are directors appear among the top 10. Branganstown Farms and Glydee Farms, both in the Ardee area, collected €217,153 and €214,275 respectively.
The single largest direct payment recipient in 2016 with €244,693 was O’Shea Farms, a 1,500ac farm in Piltown, Co Kilkenny, producing primarily carrots and potatoes. The farm also grows cereals and has a herd of spring calving Jersey-cross dairy cows.
Terence Coughlan, with a mixed tillage and livestock farm registered in Rathcormac, Co Cork, came next with €227,469 of CAP payments last year. Greenhills Windfarm, a company with an address in Killeagh, Co Cork, received €225,681. Its registered directors are Thomas Browne and Elizabeth Mary Browne.
Co-founders of Dawn Meats, John and Peter Quealley, collected €225,165 for their farm near Tramore. Patrick Reynolds of Navan, Co Meath received €224,496.
Walter Furlong, managing director of Cooney Furlong grain merchants in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford received €220,736 through a limited company.
Cyril Goode of Arklow, Co Wicklow collected €220,110 in direct payments while the Louis A. McAuley company behind McAuley’s animal feeds in Balrath, Co Meath received €219,863 for the farm on which they grow cereal and forage crops.
1. O’Shea Farms, Piltown, Co Kilkenny (€244,693)
2. Terence Coughlan, Rathcormac, Co Cork (€227,469)
3. Greenhills Windfarm, Killeagh, Co Cork (€225,681)
4. John and Peter Quealley, Tramore, Co Waterford (€225,165)
5. Patrick Reynolds, Navan, Co Meath (€224,496)
6. Walter Furlong, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford (€220,736)
7. Cyril Goode, Arklow, Co Wicklow (€220,110)
8. Louis A. McAuley, Balrath, Co Meath (€219,863)
9. Branganstown Farms, Ardee, Co Louth (€217,153)
10. Glydee Farms, Ardee, Co Louth (€214,275)