Audrey Hepburn portrayed it best in the film Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Admiring the jewellery in the iconic shop's window, croissant and coffee in hand, her chosen place to have breakfast whenever she's feeling down.
Most people love jewellery. From bracelets and earrings to necklaces, it is an accessory that can elevate any outfit.
Valentine’s Day is a popular time to gift jewellery. You may not be going to Tiffany’s to get your gift, but I believe the effect is still the same.
Make your own
My favourite earrings I was ever gifted are a pair of cupcake earrings from our local market.
This year, why not customise your gift a bit more by making your own gift card in which you can send jewellery or even just send on its own?
Gift cards are sleek in design, easy to pop into an envelope to send to loved ones living far away and the perfect opportunity to customise your gift in any way you want.
What you will need
1. On your base colour (A), draw out a 3×3 square.
2. Cut off the four outer corner squares (labelled X), leaving you with a cross shape.
3. Trace and then cut out a heart on your second-coloured paper (B).
4. Use this heart to trace two hearts on opposite arms of the cross. Make sure that the hearts are mirrored. Cut out the outer pieces of the hearts, allowing them to still remain attached to the main cross.
5. Out of paper B, cut a long strip that will fit on to the middle lane of the cross. Paste it on the cross.
6. Start folding your gift card. The two corners and the hearts will fold into the middle.
7. Glue the heart you had traced out of paper B on to one of the hearts.
8. Fold the hearts into each other and cut away the corners (labelled X).
9. Get decorating! Personalise the outsides or insides of the gift card with writing, a poem, a memory you and the gift’s receiver share, grab glitter or nice ribbons and paste them on; whatever you do, have some fun with it!
10. Place your jewellery inside the gift card. I recommend using Sellotape - but make sure it won’t damage the jewellery - to secure it and prevent it from falling out. That’s it - you’re ready to gift!